The beautiful colour of the sofa cushion covers sets a perfect backdrop for throw pillows and knick-knacks placed on the coffee table.
- If your budget is less then changing cushion covers can do the trick. Having cushions in different sizes adds the dimension but if the cushions are in same size then choose cushion covers in different colours & patterns to make it more of a statement. Though there is no particular rule to decorate your space. Create several looks and go with the one that works best for you.
- If you are bored of the same look of your sofa then it’s time to change the upholstery and in turn, it will change the look of your place. If you have a wooden sofa with removable cushions/seats then get the covers stitched for the cushions the way I did. There are myriad of colours to choose from and fabric comes in various varieties too like chenille, polyester microsuede, velvet, soft linen, jute, spandex and many others. You can get 2-3 sets of sofa cushion covers in different colours and fabrics and change them when you are bored of the same look or wish to give a quick makeover to your place.
- Sometimes all you need is just a beautiful throw or a blanket to cover the seats of your sofa and it can totally transform the entire look of the place and let me ask, how much did you spend?
- If the cushions of your sofa have become saggy and ruining the look of your living room then replace the stuffing to plump up your sofa.
- With time, the wood loses its sheen and make the sofa look dull. If you have teak wood furniture then you relate to it very well. So after every 4-5 year, your wood furniture needs polishing and touch up. I too got all my furniture polished and added few more years to its life.