Doors being an important feature in every home should not only be pleasing to the eyes but should also possess features like durability, strength, water and heat resistance and the most important thing is it should not warp with time. To install plain and dull looking doors for the mere purpose of maintaining privacy and security is passe. Doors these days have become much more than that. More specifically flush doors are in trend and have become a beautiful structure and integral part of a home’s interiors.
Do you know when it comes to decorating homes there are numerous options available for homeowners to choose a door from like panel doors, glass doors, PVC doors, steel doors, membrane doors, skin doors, and the most important ones flush doors. Why not let’s talk more about flush doors and why these doors have become the first choice of every homeowner.
I had always wondered what flush doors are made of but after going through Century Ply’s website, I have gained some knowledge now. A flush door has a basic structure composed of solid blockboard core, vertical stiles, and horizontal rails that create a pre-fixed frame. The blockboard consists of wooden strips that are placed edge-to-edge and sandwiched between veneers, then bonded under high pressure and temperature using a synthetic resin. Let’s understand it this way, it is a door that is made of a timber frame covered with ply from both the sides and then the hollow part inside is filled with rectangular blocks of soft wood and that’s why it doesn’t warp with time. Then a decorative finish is given by fixing veneer on the top, hence they are available in a number of colours, patterns and finishes. A flush door is so called because it has an entirely smooth surface. You splash the water on its surface and it would simply flow off without accumulating.
I have come across so many brands that claim to offer quality flush doors but CenturyPly stands out from the rest for its superior quality. CenturyPly has mastered the art of creating flush doors, which are not only functional in terms of strength and security but also visually appealing and inviting to the viewer’s eye.
Now let me tell you some benefits of using flush doors especially CenturyPly flush doors over other regular ones that make them far superior from regular flush doors:
- CenturyPly flush doors are stiff, impact resistance and possess high strength.
- These doors are dimensionally accurate and stable.
- Regular flush doors will definitely but CenturyPly flush doors never warp with time. As they are made up of softwood rectangular blocks on the inside.
- CenturyPly flush doors are not heavier as is the case with regular flush doors or plywood doors and can be easily installed and operated in everyday use.
- As these doors are chemically treated and vacuum pressed they are heat and water resistant.
- The material cost in making flush door is very less and hence, flush doors are more economical.
- CenturyPly flush doors are durable and have a high screw holding capacity.
- CenturyPly Flush doors come with a lock area on both sides for ease of installation.
- These doors are decay proof. Chemical treatment makes the flush door termite and fungi free.
- CenturyPly flush doors offer a variety of designs and decorative finish. These doors provide attractive, warm and traditional appearance.
- They can be made easily in any shape and are easy to install.
- CenturyPly gives the homeowners the opportunity to get the flush doors customize as per their requirement and choice.
- CenturyPly flush door surface is highly resistant to stains, scratches and crash.
- These doors require less maintenance.
Now even after reading all this, you still have some doubts in your mind then I would suggest you watch this video that shows the entire manufacturing process of flush doors. CenturyPly flush doors are of Boiling Water Proof Grade, and IS 2202 –1 certified. But, this kind of quality is only maintained because their doors pass through a total of 15 rigorous tests, yes!! you read it right! 15 rigorous tests and some of them are the impact indentation test, shock resistance test, slamming test, screw withdrawal resistance test and glue adhesion test.
Now you know how much care, precision and attention go into making a single door. Proving that doors are not merely for allowing or prohibiting access to an area, but they hold a much bigger purpose in a home and create a warm, welcoming feeling, and making a grand first impression that lasts forever.
I hope you enjoyed knowing all about CenturyPly flush doors and will give doors of your home the importance they deserve.